Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Short (yeah right) Blog About "Isms"
or
The Fear of Losing Perceived Power


I kind of understand it in a way. My stock is Jewish. For millennia we have been castigated by others, that excluding the want by many of our own not to assimilate, as those who control the mass of wealth and influence on humanity. I did not choose this. I was born into it. Feel the irony if you can. I have lived in poverty for most of my life(irony), some of it my own doing. I was raised by Republican Jews (irony), and have been fed on some public assistance (more irony), hardly ever lived in a house that either my parents or I have owned (even more irony), to end up not graduating college with my law, medicine, or business degree, neither of which I was attempting to attain at the time (yep more irony), only to end up on the low end of of the totem poll in my employment with a communications company (oh god the irony.) If you are keeping score, I am a Jew with no degree, who's only control of the communication industry is whether or not I can make your cable work, and this blog... maybe my facebook account.

The problem is that history is full of us no talent heebs. Well not really. History doesn't give a shit about the "do nothings." We are out there, though, en mass.

The crux of the matter comes when I mention my ethnicity. Even in high school it drew some interesting looks. Fear. That's the name for it. Basically this long haired kid, who everyone assumed, incorrectly I might add, was some pot-head slacker, all of the sudden became all of that and much more when folks found out that he was Jewish. Weird. So, yes, I have experience with racial stereotypes. Mine may have to do with superior intelligence or studiousness, but there are other aspects that I'm not completely proud to exploit. My humor, however I'll keep, even though that comes more from my English side. Oh, did I forget to mention I'm a half breed? In any case,  I understand the fear from some ends.

There are a ton of isms and one phobia, used by bigotry, to keep certain segments of the population down. The problem is only one is properly named. That being "homophobia." Racism and sexism do not persist because of actual hatred. The hatred only exists out of fear. I know this sounds like something the bullied kid says for self affirmation, but it seems true. The stereotypes generated from these isms want to make the people in these groups seem weak. These stereotypes are propagated further when people within these groups, have attained a certain power and influence. Any mistake by the elevated individuals who might fall into said group is, of course, emphasized within the group who is spreading the hate in order to justify their "belief" in the stereotype. In reality they are trying to bring that person down due to their fear of their own racial, ethnic, religious, or sexual inadequacies, inorder to compete.

You might ask how this is so. Well here is the deal. Do you fear a blade of grass? Grass is inherently unintelligent, it covers a good deal of the planet, yet you don't wake up screaming in your sleep thinking a blade of grass will be president one day. Let's take it up a couple of notches. Do you fear the day that pigs will rule the Earth? No? Maybe you fear something that was considered livestock only 150 years ago, like the African American. Maybe you freely use a  derivative for his or her racial nomenclature to describe someone who is stupid, while at the same time being in awe of the pervasiveness of their musical culture, poetry, stopping at a traffic light, eating a peanut butter sandwich, and reminiscing about how you survived that one surgery, while swapping files on your thumb drive. Maybe you fear the reasoning capability of something that wasn't even allowed to vote nationally, within the last century, like the American female, who most likely threatened bullies with her fist while defending and rearing you, then taught you your first words while wiping your ass. Maybe you equally use a term for her genitalia as also a term for the weak and cowardly, when in reality that piece of anatomy is capable of feats that you wouldn't wish on any part of a male anatomy, unless you were a woman.   

What I'm talking about is the fear that there is nothing left for the white male to be proud of. Let go off that. What has your "white male pride" gotten you? Well for instance you have taken on the accomplishments of those you, in past, have ridiculed like the Irish, Germans, Scottish and so on. Then, of course, you adopted the accomplishments of your nation done by African decedents. Though I will mention that not one person has brought up how the British still haven't had a black Prime Minister yet. It's only a matter of time. Yeah they got us beat in the woman ruling the country bit. Maybe that's part of it.

The truth is, there is no hatred without the fear. You only fear losing ground to those capable of attaining that higher ground. The ones you castigate the most are the ones you fear the most. The ones you genuinely feel are inferior, you make no mention of.

So despite calling them faggots and using the term to describe those inferior and weaker to yourself, you fear them, hence the term homophobic. You use the term "nigger" to describe those who are of inferior intellect, yet have no problem spreading peanut butter on your toast, nor do you ask who "nigger rigged" the blood transfusion system, or lasik, or the ability to allow you to add a printer to your computer configuration. You probably don't remember the whole hoopla over rock n' roll being  "nigger music" or maybe you are still in fear of Hip Hop culture. You Have no problem calling anyone weak a "pussy" or say they are acting like a "bitch" when, in fact, you were probably squeezed out of something that could also be called a "pussy" and feared the wrath of your mother, who would be termed  a "bitch" by any outsider who witnessed her stern treatment of you.

All of these things, these "isms," are the result of shortcomings in the so called  "white race."  You fear Africans, Hispanics, Jews, homosexuals and women because they do what you can't or won't do. In the end, you end up with a display of impotence. It's quite pathetic really.

We should call it all what it is. It's fear. It's only hatred because it has graduated from that fear of impotence. So I suggest we call it as it is. It's not rascism, it's Africaniphobia, or Hispanaphobia. It's not sexism it's gynophobia and so on. Anyway, that's my two cents. Oh a penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment